Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Mood: FUTURE ISLANDS

I love Future Islands. They are a synthy band out of Baltimore, Maryland that reminds me of early David Bowie and even The Smiths/Morrisey, though they are definitely unique in their own right.  Gerrit Welmers singing voice has a way of tearing me apart and I find myself thanking him for the utter unhinging.

So today I feel like almost dead flowers. I tend to be taken by melancholy when I am at the bridge of a big event, like my sister's wedding. I wonder what I will do when I have more time for silence. I fear idleness above all else. Today I made a playlist for my mood. It brings me joy in the way only only those who have been kissed by sadness can understand. It is so lovely.

Future Islands Mix
1. Sun in the Morning
2. Like the Moon
3. A Dream of You and Me
4. Back in the Tall Grass
5. The Fountain
6. Seasons (Waiting on You)
7. Song for Our Grandfathers
8. Vireo's Eye
9. Tin Man
10. Inch of Dust
11. The Happiness of Being Twice
12. Give Us the Wind
13. Light House
14. In the Fall 

Here are some samples from the above playlist:
Sun in the Morning
 

Like the Moon

Back in the Tall Grass

Seasons (Waiting on You)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment