Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Maturity is NEVER recommended

Jonas is away with my in-laws this week attending an art camp in Bethlehem, Pa. He has made a drum and a flute so far. He has gone to the movies, swam in the pool, and went out for dinner. It's a joy to know he has been having such a wonderful time.

Soooo, I won't feel guilty...

Jeremiah and I have been having way too much fun. We went to Porters Pub for dinner and drinks on Monday and last night we went to the diner on split pea soup night instead of chicken noodle soup night...I know, we live on the edge.

By far though, the absolute best part of our alone time together was playing hide&seek in the cemetery a block from our house. I should start by saying, I'm particular when it comes to this game. I have rules.  When I ran them by Jeremiah, he was amused, but he made no promises to comply.

Nicole's Rules for Safe Play
1. No sneaking up on Nicole
2. No chasing Nicole
3. No stealthy switching of hiding spots to throw Nicole off.
4. No whistling, singing, or sound effects from horror movies to scare Nicole (i.e. Friday the 13th, Halloween, etc)
5. If you see Nicole from a distance, clue her in that you see her so she can brace herself to be found.
6. If it seems like something that would scare Nicole, simply avoid it entirely.

I also have this terrible flaw...I have no hide&seek 'poker face'.  I give myself away every. single. time. When I'm securely hidden in my spot and the seeker starts getting closer to where I hiding, I start cracking up. When it's my turn to hide, Jer finds me within minutes, when it's Jer's turn to hide, it might take me up to 20 minutes.

So yeah, while we miss Jonas madly, it is pretty amazing to hangout and get silly with Jeremiah knowing our son is in good hands. I can't wait to see what the rest of the week brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment