Friday, September 16, 2016

First week at Phillipsburg Primary School

First day of school
Jonas started  Second Grade this week and while it had a couple of hiccups it was, for the most part, pretty good. Jonas as always, is a well adjusted and socially sound kid. He was excited to start at a new school and make new friends in addition to his old ones. He doesn't seem phased by much and is so easy going.  Definitely more like his Dad in this regard. I have no doubt he will shine bright and succeed.

I don't remember a lot from my elementary school years. My mom is the best, she is supportive and has always been their for us...but she wasn't the type to document every little shit and piss I ever   did in an anthology of my entire existence up until this point. She has 5 kids and honestly, she just didn't have time for that and that is okay with me.


Jer's life was very much documented. His mom kept everything and wrote everything down. They have family vacations, holidays, school days, etc photographed and organized in albums. I loved when his mom shared the albums and the binder full of Jeremiah's school days with me.  It was a part of him that existed that I could never touch. Somehow I still knew him through his constants of then that are still a part of him now.  He is a snarky chop buster but he is also just a really good person. He always has been.



I save everything, a lot can happen in 7 years and while I don't have Jonas holding a chalkboard with Second Grade written on it, I have my own way of organizing it all so I don't ever forget.  I keep his binders, make his photobooks, and my fridge is a collage of his accomplishments. He means everything to me and I want him to be able to look back and know we cared about every moment.

Best of luck in Second Grade, Jonas. You got this and someday, when it seems like forever ago, I will prove it to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment