Wednesday, April 19, 2017

(Re)Generation Who Convention 2017

I didn't get around to making a timely review of the fantastic time we had at the (Re)Generation Who Convention in Baltimore, Maryland on March 24-26th so read the best recap over at my friend Josh's superior blog

(Left to Right) Josh, Jen W., Jen A., Dave, Me, Jeremiah


I am going to highlight my favorite parts of the convention in a list of no particular order with pictures where applicable.

  1. Josh W.'s panel about his story, Forever Fallen, which was the winner of Big Finish's Short Trip story contest. Josh explained the concept of the story from it's origins to it's completion and his presentation was well received by attendees. It was a great panel for storytellers in general, both made and aspiring. 
    Josh during his Panel
  2. The Doctor Who dance party. Dancing with strangers and friends. I love that my friend Jen W. still came down with me on Saturday night despite being exhausted from her work event and long solo ride to the con. Also, many people do the Time Warp wrong and that was sad.
  3. The Sylvester McCoy panels. He is so energetic and entertaining and my bold and incredible husband Jeremiah, was lucky enough to get to speak to him.
    Sylvester McCoy and Jeremiah
  4. Going to Fort McHenry with Jen and Dave. A lot of cool history to be appreciated though my weirdness about the smell of old things kept me from fully enjoying the indoor barracks. 

    Jen and Dave

  5. Meeting our friends, Ryan and Rob, out for dinner on Saturday night.
  6. The times we spent drinking and laughing in our hotel rooms. 
  7. Jen W.'s Weeping Angel cosplay. Josh jokes that she stole the show from him, a published Big Finish Author with his own convention panel, and he isn't wrong. I mean, look at her!
  8. More times we spent drinking and laughing in our hotel rooms.
  9. Playing Heads Up, learning about each other's guilty pleasures (erotica, Riverdale, Jeremiah's homoerotic hair, and many more interesting points of discovery came up). 
  10. Being in Baltimore for an adults-only weekend with my favorite friends and the best husband in the world by my bias definition, Jeremiah.
    Love this man to bits!


2 comments:

  1. How can people do the Time Warp wrong? The instructions are right there in the lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked myself the same question. I think The Matt Smith footage on the screen might have had a negative impact on their attention spans. 😆

      Delete